“iCONECT has made an important step forward in the quest for access to justice. The pro bono availability of iCONECT’s technology reduces cost barriers that too often deter lawyers from taking on worthy cases. Additionally, iCONECT-XERA provides the top-flight review platform and analytic tools that are critical for successful litigation, and that will allow attorneys to effectively handle the data requirements of pro bono cases. Thanks to iCONECT, the courthouse doors have swung open a bit wider.”
Executive Director, University of Florida law school e-Discovery Project
and Provost of Bryan University
User licensing for iCONECT’s flagship document management platform, iCONECT-XERA®, is now available on a “no-charge” basis for Pro Bono projects. Law firms, corporations and government agencies worldwide can now undertake a multi-party document review of pro bono case documents, research and investigations as part of their pro bono work without being subjected to additional costs for document review software user licensing.
Pro bono user licensing will be available to all current iCONECT-XERA law firm, corporate and government clients. Pro bono user licenses may also be used in tandem with select iCONECT Litigation Support Providers who have the ability to host the documents in a secure neutral location.
iCONECT’s special user licensing for pro bono cases is meant to encourage firms to take on pro bono projects by removing the barrier of additional outside costs. Pro bono can be defined as direct legal representation provided to persons of limited means, or organizations that support the needs of persons of limited means (including indigent clients and religious, charitable and other nonprofit entities), for which no compensation is received or expected. Pro bono also encompasses activities performed for a reduced fee or unpaid activities for the benefit of an organization that supports legal services for the poor, or for the general public. In all cases, the services provided are law-related.
The iCONECT-XERA private, secure document management platform is already trusted by hundreds of law firms and corporations worldwide as the product of choice for sensitive and confidential legal document hosting. Now available to those who want to leverage this high-powered technology for a pro bono case, iCONECT-XERA pro bono licensing includes the full feature set of its flagship platform:
- Multiple-browser Compatibility: View the platform from a Window or Mac desktop, laptop or tablet devices in IE, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Easy Set-up: Whether behind a firewall or in one of iCONECT’s 50+ worldwide data centers, place the platform where preferred, while complying with regulatory requirements.
- Add Security and Logging: Control access, or create an open connection to the system, with full logging of user IP addresses and activities.
- Hundreds, Millions or Billions: From small collections to large, the system has proven scalability.
- Unlimited or Limited Users: Control access to a specific group or volume of users.
- Image and Document Viewing: View any document format (over 500+ supported), including email or images, without the need to convert or load special viewing software.
- Control Access: Control access to a specific document subset, limit exposure to specific or personally identifiable information (PII), or control activities including downloading within the system, all from a simple administrative control panel.
- Limit Ability to View Information: Use the unique redaction system (blackouts on documents) to expose only the applicable portion of any document.
- Built-in Help: Context-sensitive help assists users working in the platform.
- Make Documents Searchable: From simple bibliographic data through full text searching or semantic natural language search, create an archive with the desired features.
- Allow or Disable Printing: Custom-configure the system to meet the needs of the project.
- Customized Branding: Customize the platform with colors and logos to match a project.
- International Ready: Search or view documents in any language within the platform; users can choose documents in the language of choice including Spanish, German, Russian, French and Japanese.
- Meet Project Needs and Budget: From short- to long-term contracts to project management and customization, iCONECT will assist to ensure all compliance requirements are met.
To schedule a demonstration, or request a proposal for your next project, please contact iCONECT Sales at 855-915-8888 or email@example.com.