We are looking for a Sr Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
Sr QA Specialist responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (for example defect densities and open defect counts.)
The Sr QA Specialist role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective.
If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, you will be involved in many of the stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
iCONECT is a team of experienced, creative, agile problem solvers obsessed with simplifying your data. We focus on four primary pillars – Legal, Government, Data Governance, and Incident Response Data Mining – relying on a single underlying platform and providing world-class support services to empower our clients in any vertical. Our software solutions are highly secure, scalable, and easy to use, allowing you and your stakeholders to gain big data insights quickly, easily, and affordably, whether on-site or in the cloud. Our end goal hasn’t changed since we were founded in 1999 – we want to provide our users with an intuitive platform that optimizes workflows and manages complex problems.
- Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Risk Assessment – Apply appropriate testing approach and test design techniques to design the test cases in a way that the highest risks items are tested first. Able to identify the risks and communicate before sign off.
- Automation – Ability to Evaluate and implement different QA automation tools
- Improve QA processes and systems to streamline these processes
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools is a must
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
To apply to this position, please fill in the form on this page, or email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com